A guide to our rates
Listed here is a guide to the prices and fees for all of Paul Marshall photography commercial photography services.
If you would like the services of a commercial photographer, or require a written quotation, please give us a call to discuss your needs.
Your customised quote
Since we don’t like hidden costs, and don’t see why you should either, we’ve listed our basic prices – however, we often find potential clients overestimate the time it will take to get their photos and so therefore also overestimate their costs.
We usually find it’s best for us to give you a personalised quote and are happy to provide you with a full breakdown of our rates that will clearly explain the options that best suit your exact needs.
Discounted project rates
We offer discounted rates for extended assignments that include multiple sites or repeat visits (min. 1 hr) to the same site to complete the assignment.
These projects rates do depend on the exact nature of the work so please contact me directly to discuss the project and we’ll be happy to provide a quote and demonstrate the potential savings.
Your photos – the technical bit
We supply images in RGB digital formats electronically or on CD/DVD on request. We will usually supply high resolution JPEG files at a ‘print ready’ resolution of 300ppi. Other file formats – PSD, PSB or TIFF – are available on request (an additional charge may be made).
Please note that as part of our quality control procedures, we will only supply images in CMYK formats upon receipt of precise ICC profiles and/or conversion details, along with a written specification of the conversion requirements. There may be a charge for some CMYK image conversion work.
What you pay for
- The prices quoted above are an ‘all inclusive’ price – we will not make any additional charges for standard processing (which should be all you need) OR usage/license fees. Expenses are charged for sites outside of Belfast – please see the details below.
- What you’ll receive for the prices above
- Our time to take your photographs – your costs are based on how long it takes us to shoot your images
- The photographs taken – we don’t hold any back and charge for additional shots later
- Our time to process your images – they will be cropped, edited for colour balance, basic sharpening and, as necessary, corrected for geometry – and in general it takes (at least) as long to process/edit your images as it does to take them. There are no extra charges for processing
- Supply of your high resolution images – usually electronically, but CDs/DVDs are available on request
- A license/the right to use your images – we do not normally place any time restrictions on how long you can use the images or how many times you use them, BUT there may be restrictions on HOW you use them and these will be detailed in your quote (this restriction usually only applies to large scale, world-wide, non-web advertising campaigns)
- We aim to store all of our original photo files
- Free post-production advice
- Any expenses will be clearly detailed on your quote, but in general:
- We charge mileage for all projects outside of NI at 0.65p per mile.
- We charge travel time for all projects over 2 hours away from our base in Belfast. We charge nothing for the first 2 hours (in each direction) then £30.00 for each additional hour (in each direction) – rounded up to the full hour**
- Flights, Car Hire, Hotels & Gear Rental (if required) are charged at cost.
- Basic image processing – cropping, editing for colour balance, basic sharpening and corrections for geometry – is included in the price you pay for us to take your photos.
- Enhanced image processing and Photoshop work – IF required – is charged per hour.
- We do not offer a cut-out service, as we believe you can source this elsewhere at a much more competitive price than we are able to offer.
**Travel expenses is only for clients in UK. ROI & Europe